Nars Sheerglow Foundation


Oh my, there was so much hype around this product that I had to give it a try. I, like many other girls obsessed with makeup, have been on the hunt for THE perfect foundation. So, when I read so many reviews about this one, and saw guru after guru preaching it, I went, I got... and I didn't love it. Yup, that's right, I did not like this foundation one bit.
I have already discovered the wonder that MUFE HD foundation is, and have been incredibly happy with it, but greedy and curious as I am I just couldn't leave it alone.
So what did I not like about Sheerglow? Well let's start with the price... 55 CA$ +tax for a foundation? C'mon! It wasn't hard finding my shade, for reference I'm a mac NC20, MUFE HD 117 and Nars proved to be a perfect match in Deauville.The foundation itself comes in this infamous, inconvenient bottle, with no pump, making it difficult to work with and un-hygienic. I saw Nars put out a certain pump for this bottle that you can purchase, extra, of course. The foundation itself is light, providing light to medium coverage. I find it quite powdery and hard to work with and it just looks awkward on. I wish it would have blended in more, looked natural, be more malleable, but I was out of luck. It looked pasty and felt drying on my skin, despite the claims of a moisturizing foundation, formulated for dry skin types.  I also did not find it illuminating nor did I feel radiant when wearing it. I looked rather blotchy.
I don't mean to completely trash it, but I had high expectations for it. For the price I expected so, so much more. It is an average foundation, with no exceptional results. I am back to my lovely Make Up Forever HD foundation and feel as glam as ever.


In Montreal you can get Nars at Murale, the Bay and Sephora.

Labels: