Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion

I am continuing to review and try out Weleda's products. Last on my list was the Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion, a product that technically is supposed to fit my skin profile, combination to normal.
I was happy with the almond line, originally designed for sensitive skin, but Iris sounded good so I have decided to give it a try. Unlike the Almond products, this one has a slight smell, lighter than the original formula Thank God but still, it can irritate those of you sensitive to smells. The Lotion itself was supposed to be a light, hydrating one, and I was hoping that just like the Almond one it would soak right up into my skin, moisturize and be great under make-up. Well, I was wrong. The lotion left a sticky film onto my skin and ended up in small little crumbles when I tried to apply my foundation. Perhaps this product will work better on its own, but I dont enjoy a face cream that feel sticky and thick on skin.
Once again, this is a personal experience, I do advise you to try out their sample sizes or travel sizes before purchasing, just to figure out the products and see which one works the best for you.
You can find Weleda at most health food stores around Montreal. Look out for the new lines, just a tip to make sure the inventory is rotating and the products are fresh.

Labels: