Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer


What is it?
``Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a sheer, lightweight moisturizer with SPF 20 & a hint of color that can be used in place of foundation for a natural appearance while adding a healthy glow to your complexion.``
I have never ever tried a tinted moisturizer, let alone one that is pricier than a foundation, a high end one, mind you. I have decided to wean of my liquid, during the summer months, switch over to a lighter one, something easier to apply with a natural dewy finish. I decided to give tinted moisturizers a go, and went ahead and got the famous Laura Mercier one. I got the non oil-free version as I really liked the texture. Wow. I am so impressed with this... thing! Its so so easy to apply. I moisturize my skin with a tiny bit oil of a super light moisturizer, like the Weleda Facial Lotion, then go on and dot my face with the tinted moisturizer and spread it it evenly across my face. Its so so easy, I don't even need a brush, it blends so nicely and uniform and I am left with this dewy looking skin. For spots, marks and other areas that might need a little bit more coverage I simply dot on concealer or thicker foundation, like my Vichy Dermablend, blend it well and voila!  So easy, and the results are so great! I am also happy to report it lasts very well, it stays put throughout the day, looking as natural and fresh as ever, it never looks cakey, nor does it smudge or crease. I think I found my new HG! The only downside to this product is the fact that it goes by quickly and its fairly pricey, 55$CA+tx for a tube. Sephora also offers a mini format, about half the product for half the price, which is a great way to give the product a try.
Overall, this product seems amazing to me, I am very happy with the product, and let me tell you, I did try making my own tinted moisturizer several times, in the hopes of duping this one, but unfortunately I never managed to achieve the same result. I guess Ill leave it to the pros.

You can get Laura Mercier at Sephora. The girls in the Point Claire one are especially helpful. ;)

Labels: , ,