Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub and Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream Review

I love using natural beauty products and strangely enough have noticed I have barely tried andything Burt's Bees, which is kind of a cult favourite by now... so here's my first experience with the line and two of their face products.

Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub


I liked this scrub. It cleanses well without over-drying the skin. I found it managed to remove impurities and dirt quite well and left my skin feeling fresh. I didn't find the big "exfoliating particles" particularly effective, as they are well, to big and chunky for my liking. They kinda just roll on top of the skin without disolving and I doubt they managed to slough away any dead skin. However, the cleanser is good, and I love the ingredients, particularly the willow bark, a natural form of the now famous salicylic acid, used in many acne fighting products.

Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream



I really liked this product as well. The texture is dense and creamy, I like to spread it on my face and actually leave it on for a few minutes. It feels very refreshing, you can actually feel the menthol in it, and calming (blame all the amazing good-for-your-skin stuff in it). I don't find it mousses a lot, which I don't mind and have to rinse my face a few times to make sure I get all of it off. My face is left super clean and refreshed. This stuff managed to calm a few breakouts, and soothe my irritated skin a few times. I like to use it every other day, or if my skin is really acting up I found it gentle enough to use daily. 

Overall, I liked both cleansers. They are gentle and quite ingenious, the scrub being a great night-time wash and the Cleansing Cream a refreshing, soothing morning face wash. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,