MAC Face and Body Foundation Review

I was looking for a light foundation for summer and have always heard amazing things about MAC Face and Body Foundation, so I decided to give it a try.
The foundation has a very liquidy consistency, and feels incredibly light. I found a buffing brush works best to apply this product, as it can really buff it in and distribute it evenly. I tried applying it with a damp sponge, but found more product got soaked in the sponge rather than get deposited on my face. A regular foundation brush streaked too much and a stippling brush just kind of placed the product on my skin but didn't work well at blending or buffing it. This foundation really needs to be worked into the skin. It might start of as light, very light actually, but you can build it up gradually. I apply one layer and then just go over problem area with concealer and then stipple another layer of foundation on top.
Although coverage is not this product's forte, it looks amazing on the skin. It has that dewy finish, without feeling tacky, it can take powder/blush/higlighter on top with no problem and looks incredibly natural.
What made me chose this product is its lightweight feel and look. Sure my skin doesn't look doll-like with it, it just gives me that my-skin-but-better look, which I have been all about lately.
It is water based, and I have experienced no breakouts with it. It has a reasonably good lasting power, I mean, I went biking and walking in the scorching hot weather and sun and looked decent at the end of the day. I did have to touch up with powder a few times in my T-zone, but that is normal for my combination skin.

Overall, this is a good foundation. It's not HG material, and it took me some time to get used to it and figure out a good way to use it. The colour selection is also limited, you might need to buy two shades to custom make you own. I do love the lightweight feel and look but I had to compromise in the coverage department.


Here is what it looks like on me.




Labels: , , ,