Marcelle Cream-to-Powder BB Cream Review

I don't know about others, but I am not a huge fan of cream foundations. I am not very familiar with the application method and they have always managed to intimidate me.
The newest addition to the Marcelle BB Cream Formula is their new Cream-to-Powder BB Cream. I am very familiar with the original BB Cream formula, and I can say that the two products are very different, not only texture-wise but also in performance and finish.

 I had to really practice and work hard to make this product work for me. I experimented with different application methods, and at the end of the day I found that a damp sponge worked best for me.I could pick up product, blend it nicely into my skin, diffuse where I needed light coverage and pack it on in problem areas.  I found a regular foundation brush didn't work particularly well at blending the cream and distributing it all over the face. I also tried using a buffer brush such as Ecotools Buffing Brush or Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Brush, but I had difficulty picking up the product and buffing it into my skin. 

The texture of this product is interesting, quite unique actually. It feels like a soft, smooth cream but it definitely has the powdery texture and a matte-satiny finish. It is very light and coverage is light to medium. It does have a great staying power, which I very much appreciate it; I always have the hardest time finding a good summer foundation that can survive the humidity and manage to look good. Another thing I appreciated with this product is that I had no issues with shine. My T-zone is pretty bad, and I depend on powder and frequent touch-ups in order not to look like a light bulb a few hours into the day, but this cream foundation manages to keep its satin finish and help keep shine levels at bay. 

Overall, despite the fact that it took some time and effort trying to get used to this product, I think the end result made it worth it. This foundation can be great for oilier skin and for those looking for a light-weight formula with light-medium coverage. The only downside for me, still, is the application. Hopefully one day I will master cream products, but until then I'm gonna stick to my liquids and powders. 



















Labels: , , ,