#MeetDermalogica Event and Products Review

Last month I was invited, alongside  other fellow bloggers to attend the #MeetDermalogica event, here in Montreal. I have heard a lot of good things about their Dermalogica (and their Daily Microfoliant), and I was excited to get to know more about the line and their products.
The event was held at the Musée de Beaux Arts, in a nice intimate venue  and I got to check out and play with all kinds of new products, ask questions and get to know the exclusive brand.


















I have been testing their products for the past 2-3 weeks and got an idea on how the products work and if they really truly deliver.
I got a starter setm including a face wash, that amazing popular exfoliant, a lightweight face cream and an eye cream. I am usually very, very fussy about my creams and lotions, so trust me when I say these products impressed me. Of course I fell head over heels in love with the Daily Microfoliant, a white powder you sprinkle into wet hands, rub them together and them massage into face. All those super duper exfoliating enzymes get activated and slough off dead skin cells. I like to leave it on my face for a few minutes. Smoooth skin. The cleanser is good, but nothing special. The eye cream is smooth and has a siliconey texture which I love since it helps me avoid those under-the-eye concealer creases I often get. The face cream is also nice, a light, hydrating cream that feels good and doesn't break me out like 90% of the creams I have tried so far.
One of the products that blew me out of the water was this Thermafoliant , an amazing warming scrub that left my skin glowing.
I am not a huge fan of primers, I have tried several, MUFE, Benefit, Smashbox and they performed well but did nothing extra in terms of finish, look, feel or longevity of my make-up. I did however try Dermalogica's SkinPerfect Primer, a tinted primer for a few days, including long nights and I did see a difference in the finish of my foundation and the wear. I usually get shiny like a bulb around the 6 hr mark with most foundations, and 3 hrs later it starts to dissaper and break apart. Not when wearing this baby. I was amazed at how matte my forehead and nose looked 12 hours after applying my make-up with no touch-ups. That was a first for me. The product claims to firm up and illuminate skin, and one of the girls at the even used the word BB cream, term I don't necessarily agree with. Actually I hate it when brands throw that word around, just because it's the "it" beauty product. (cough cough Covergirl). This is a great primer, with a tint, but no coverage and loaded with good-for-skin ingredients.

Those are the products that stood out to me and I have to say Dermalogica kinda lives up to the hype. I don't think all their products are spectacular (and not worth the price tag) but they do know their exfoliants, one of the best and most gentle I have yet to use. I like the ingredients, the fact that they use enzymes, that they balance their product, that the Microfoliant is in a dry form (you activate it when you use it!)...  I also enjoy using the SkinPerfect primer, as it is the first of it's kind to impress me.

Any thoughts? Does anyone else use their products? What are your faves?


Special thanks to Faulhaber PR for the great event.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,