Friday, November 16, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Review and Swatches




     Last year everyone was raving about the new Revlon Lip Butters: magazine editors, bloggers, youtubers, make-up artists... For some reason I never got around to buying any until this fall and yeah, I have to admit they're all that.

     I always loved Revlon lipsticks, (oh how I miss their Colorstay ones) but I never really liked lipbalms, especially colored ones. I usually either wear lipstick for full on color or just gloss. Revlon managed to combine both, as the Lip Butters are actually pigmented yet feel incredibly hydrating and have that glossy finish to them. The lasting power is that of a gloss, around 3 hours for me and it fades away nicely.

     I enjoy using them on a day to day basis. It`s a great way to sport a pop of color without looking too dramatic, and if you love that shine of a gloss you are guaranteed to fall in love with these too.

     I started off with these ones, but I find myself picking up a new one each time I go to a drugstore...







Strawberry Shortcake



Sweet Tart





2 comments:

  1. I only have Cupcake and I must say I was expecting much more from these - they are OK I guess although I can't skip lipbalm because of my dry lips, and I do think they are quite overpriced for what they are! Strawberry Shortcake looks gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing ab drugstore products is that they go on sale, that's when I stocked up :) I agree with you, they are not super moisturizing, I can see how that could be a problem. I thing it depends on the colour too, I just got creamsicle and I find that one to emphasize cracks flakes or settle in the lines.
      Now that it's cold, I do moisturize my lips prior to any lip product application...

      Delete