Color Club Kaleidoscope Collection 2013 Review and Swatches




Color Club Kaleidoscope is scheduled to be released later in the season and this collection was so up my alley! The set contains seven shades, three pastels, a vibrant rich blue, a teal green, a pearly/shimmery shade and a basic clear one.
Here is a look at the polishes and my thoughts on the collection:


Evolution is a Tiffany Blue, a cream pastel blue that looks great but it's a hassle to apply. As with most cream formulas it can get goopy and streak and I needed to patiently apply 3 coats to get it to look decent.

In Theory is a tangerine polish, the texture on the watery side and it requires 2-3 coats for full on opacity. This colour and formula reminds me of Nail INC Portobello, less neon. It's a soft, pretty colour that I could see it fit for spring.



Endless is a soft pastel pink, a cool toned cream pink. As with Evolution, the formula can get goopy and I need to apply 2-3 coats to get it to look even.



Bright Night is the Belle of the Ball. A vibrant medium blue with perfect formula that makes for a perfect application. This is an eye catcher. You can easily get away with one coat but I apply two for good measure.



Abyss is a jade/jungle cream green. It's not vibrant but it's a sort of a classy green, muted yet makes a stand. I have a soft spot for green polishes. I have a soft spot for anything green in general. If it's green, I love it!


Pearlspective is a pearl polish with shimmer. I tested it briefly but I really don't like wearing pearly or shimmery stuff on my nails, so i took it off within minutes. I will try to make it work and swatch properly soon.


There is also a clear polish included in the kit and there is not much I can say about it. I will probably never use it, as I only use fast drying top coats, but meh, everyone needs a clear polish in their kit.


Thumb-Pinky: Bright Night, Abyss, Evolution, Endless, In Theory




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,