MAC Blue-Brown Pigment Review and Swatches

 

Here is one of my most favourite MAC pigments in my collection. Blue Brown is a duo-chrome pigments with a reddened brown base and blue/greenish sheen. I find the pigment beautiful and unique, and yes, the brown is red enough to be intimidating to some but blending it well and softening the edges can create very pretty wearable looks. If applied wet or patted on, the blue shimmer is more obvious and it keeps the uniqueness of the pigment intact, however, on me at least I find it impossible to leave it as is, as the pigmentation is strong and I must must must blend, which tones down the duo-chrome finish and allows more of the red- brown to come through.
This is a very rich pigment and it goes on so opaque and rich over a primer. Needless to say, a little goes a very long way. As with most pigments, I would suggest doing your eye make-up before foundation or concealer as you can experience fall-out, minimal fall out in this case, but still.


Overall, this is a pigment I need to wear more, because it's stunning. It takes some patience and time to apply and work with it but the end result is so worth it. It's a unique shade and one of my best performing pigments. In my stash the only similar shade I have is Urban Decay's Lounge eyeshadow, which I believe is discontinued in pan form. Lounge has a similar base, but less blue duo-chrome and is much more bendable and buttery but less intense in colour pay-off.








                                                     Depotted UD Lounge eyeshadow

Labels: , , , , , , ,