Fashion Beauty Panel: Statement Lips!

    This week's topic for the Beauty Panel was statement lips. Everything and anything from favourite colours, formulas to tips and tricks for achieving that perfect pout and making it last.


     I am pleasantly surprised to see how amazing OCC's Hoochie worked! I am starting to get some colour again and would have never thought a magenta would work well in the summer but boy, was I wrong. Hoochie is so vibrant and rich and unique; it compliments tanned skin so, so well! Not to mention, it stands out! I know most of us go for summery oranges and pinks, but ladies, give magenta a try this summer! You will not be disappointed.

      What do you guys think?


"A vibrant magenta would have been the last colour I would reach for in the summer, when I usually tend to gravitate towards oranges, corals and warm pinks. But there is something about the way this fuchsia-purple looks against sun-kissed skin. The colour itself is bright and vibrant and I adore liptars as they are very concentrated. It’s also easy to apply: I line my lips with a brush dipped in the product, fill in the colour and that’s it. It’s like having an all-in-one product! I don’t bother with gloss, as the natural oils provide enough hydration to keep me happy and prevent bleeding.
The secret about a bright lip is to keep the rest of the face quite neutral and take time to apply the lip product. You want crisp, clean lines that follow the lip’s natural contour. Use concealer as a base, and apply a liner and translucent powder outside the lip line in order to prevent bleeding. I tend avoid glossy or very hydrating formulas when choosing a bold lip colour as they are prone to bleeding and wearing off fast. I like matte formulas or liptars because they wear off gradually, turning into a natural looking stain, versus long lasting lipsticks which can by drying and flake. Last but not least, always apply the product with a brush!
Products used: Joe Fresh Lip Brush, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Liptar in “Hoochie,” Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner, Rimmel Scandal Eyes LycraFlex Mascara"
 



Labels: , , , , ,