Fashion Beauty Panel: Waterproof Makeup

This week, Fashion Magazine Beauty Panel's topic was waterproof, long lasting make-up. The topic is very appropriate given the fact that summer is here. I, for one struggle with this every year. I am a pretty active person, I love being out in the sun and I often swap any mode of transportation for biking. Sun, heat, sweating... and God knows I love my make-up. I place all my trust in the products. There are so many amazing products out there which makes it easier to look good all summer long.

here are a few of my staples and favorites in my collection. I am rediscovering Make-up Forever Aqua Creams. These babies don't budge and I am starting to master working with them; I always struggled with cream shadows. In general, Make-up Forever has an amazing, vibrant, colorful and well performing.


Check out what all of my fellow Beauty Panelists had to say on the topic.

The secret to a long-lasting summer makeup look lies in the products for me.
My favourite base is Consonant Skincare’s Tinted Sunscreen: you get a mattyfing moisturizer with all natural SPF, all in one. You want to keep it simple and use multifunctional products. My favourite summer foundation is the famous M.A.C Face and Body Foundation, lightweight and medium coverage, it adheres to the skin and won’t budge during the day. My trick for making foundation last longer is to go over it with a damp sponge and stipple all over the face. I generally need to use a powder to keep shine at bay, and the Make Up For Ever HD Powder works great for that. To set the makeup, tone down the powderiness and give my skin a dewy glow I always like to use refreshing makeup setting spray like the Lise Watier MagniFix.
I like to keep the makeup simple: a hint of bronzer and blush and gloss or a long-wearing lipstick is all I need. For the eyes, my trusty Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes never fail me. They are a base and color all in one, and are completely sweat and waterproof.
Products used: Consonant 100% Natural Sunscreen, M.A.C Face and Body Foundation, Lise Watier Magnifix, Maybelline Mascara in “The Rocket,” Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream and HD Powder, M.A.C VivaGlam Lipstick in “Nicki” 
 


I decided to put my make-up to the test, and wore it on the terrasse while soaking up the sun and bike riding later on. 


Labels: , , , , , , ,