Fashion Beauty Panel: Canada Day Nail Art

Happy Canada Day everyone! This week the Beauty Panel challenge was to come up with creative ways to show our patriotism on our nails. I am definitely not amazing with nail art so I resorted to two manis that easy to do and look quite cute.
I went with the silhouette mani, which was quite on trend this year pairing white and red while my second and third options involved polka dots:easy to do and cute.
Check out what I and the other fab beauty panelists did with our red and white polishes here.




Red and white. Colours of our flag, colours I chose to play with to help celebrate July 1st. Now, I am no expert in manicures, but there are a few simple techniques you can use to achieve cute designs while showing off your patriotism.

 You don’t need any skill really, nor do you need to go buy any fancy tools, a mechanical pencil or toothpick can make for a perfect dotting tool. Start of with a polished nail and then starting at the tip dot nail polish and gradually reduce the size while going on inwards. This look reminds me of a sort of French mani with a twist. 

Another look that’s very on trend right now and so easy to do is the silhouette mani. Apply a white nail polish and then trace the other colour inside, letting the first layer peak around the margins. Very classy and so easy to do.


Products used: Rimmel 60 Seconds in “Red Steady Go,” Maybelline Color Show in “Porcelain Party,” toothpicks, mechanical pencil



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,