Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Review

These eyeliners have gotten so much hype all over the interwebs that I had to give in an get a few when I saw them on sale at Pharmaprix. Booooy, am I happy I did.

They are said to be dupes for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, which have always tempted me but never took the plunge to get any as their steep 20$+ price tag always turned me off. I mean, I know they are good, I know they are aaaamazing, but in our day and age, when drugstore make-up is quickly catching up to high end brand in quality, I simply can't justify spending that kind of money on a pencil eyeliner.

    The Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliners are offered in what I consider to be a limited choice of colours. You have the basics: a black, a brown, a taupe, a few blues, a purple, a green, a silver, a nude... Nothing special at first glance. See Beautezine's review and swatches here.


     The colours I caved in for are the Nude, Silver and Brown, all colours I didn't have in my stash, colours that actually surprised me. They are gooorgeous.

    The Brown is a buttery deep, rich chocolate brown with micro golden shimmer that just gives a bit of playfulness and depth to the colour; The Silver is a vibrant, opaque in-your-face metallic silver and the Nude is a creamy beige, a very unique colour that when lined in the waterline can brighten the ways in the most natural yet subtle way.







The texture is a dream! I have to say these are my first eyeliners of it's kind: creamy and buttery and opaque and super longlasting. Upon application, you have a bit of time to smudge and play around with the formula, it glides on so easily and deposits colour beautifully. One swipe and you have a full, opaque line. It doesn't crumble or crease and after it sets it's there to stay. I experienced no transffer, no bleeing, leaking, fading or melting. I went swimming with these bad boys on and they didn't budge. They do come off with ease with an oil on a waterproof makeup remover.


Overall, I need all the shades! Actually, Rimmel needs to put out more shades. These eyeliners, blew me out of the water. The price point is excellent, the colours are stunning and they are my best performing eye pencils to date.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,