Sonia Kashuk Couture Kabuki Brush Review

One of the most exciting things to me about Target deciding to open stores in Canada to me, was the fact that the giant drugstore chain might bring along some beauty brands out of reach for us canucks. One of those brand is Sonia Kashuk, whose brushes have been raved about on youtube and blogs for years, and up until now I had to resort to trading for, commissioning family or friends traveling to the US to pick me up some or just planning entire trips down south around making it to certain drugstores. Seriously, you should have seen me in Times Square, trying to google the closest Ulta or Target location and running all over Manhattan checking out drugstores and their beauty isles.
Well, is Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed!



I headed out to the Cote Vertu Target, the closest one to open so far in my area and despite the fact that the beauty section was still quite empty I managed to locate the Sonia Kashuk display and was rewarded with this little gem.

The brush is described as a stippling kabuki, being just that, a stippling duo-fibre brush packed thightly and densley into the shape of a more traditional round kabuki brush. The design is stuning, the handle and ferule being sturdy and the bristles being soft and stiff. I don`t own any brush like it. The white bristles, like more stippling brushes are not packed that closely togehter, expecially when wet (with water or product) which doesn't make it exactly ideal for foundation application. It works, but I have brushes that do the job better. It is a great brush for buffing in bronzers or powders. It won't work great to apply blush, as the white stippling britsles deposit color sparingly and trying to blend it might move srounf the foundation underneath.


While I am still trying to figure out the best way to use this brush, I'm happy I have it. It's sturdy and most of my Sonia Kashuk tools last very well, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it for years to come. If you are a fan of powder or cream products, you must pick it up.

Labels: , , , , , ,