Monday, December 23, 2013

Essence Beauty Beats: Shimmer Powder and Groupie at Heart Blush Review

This week I had a little surprise at my local Pharmaprix, when i saw the new Essence Beauty Beats collection. Yes, this is a collab with Justin Bieber, but I couldn't care less. To be honest I am not familiar with his music, so I have no reason to hate on him.... and I was more than excited to try the new highlighter powder and that stunning blush.

 Swaaag Shimmer Powder
I had high hopes for the highlighter after my experience with Ticket to Paradise. I was disappointment to see the texture was somewhat powdery and there is a fine line you have to walk on when applying in order to get that glow without looking cakey. I actually prefer to use this as a luminous finishing powder rather than a highlighter itself. It`s smooth enough and has a glowy, satin finish. I could do without the word swag being plastered all over the powder.



Groupie at Heart Blush
This blush impressed me so much. It`s incredibly pigmented, a great rich pink that can be sheered out or build up and lasts incredibly well once on. I am in love how good the color looks on me. It`s that perfect rosy flush that looks good on anyone and you can adjust the intensity in order to get different looks: from fresh rosy cheeks to full on flushed face.






No comments:

Post a Comment