MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Review and Swatch


I must admit I am a bit overwhelmed by the MAC and Rihanna collaborations that have been released like, every three months last year. I skipped all of them and despite coveting Riri Woo, I had the original Ruby Woo and couldn't justify getting yet another matte red lippie. I wasn't surprised to find out that the brand chose Riri as their spokesperson for this year's VIVA Glam collab and I rolled my eyes when I saw the lipstick was going to be yet another red shade, this time a frost, one of my least favorite formulas.




On a particularly cold and gloomy day, past week, I found myself inside a MAC store and after seeing the incredible red satin packaging and trying the color on... I was in love. Madly in love.

I take back everything I ever said about frost formulas. The subtle gold shimmer compliments the lipstick beautifully, giving it that extra dimension and shine which is so so Rihanna. The red is quite neutral. It's not too cool nor is it warm. It's a classic, deep, rich, vibrant, creamy, opaque red. It's everything you would expect of a MAC lipstick. It wears beautifully, lasts surprisingly well, it's not drying or gritty on the lips and the shimmer is so subtle and wears so well that you keep having that freshly applied lipstick shine through the day.


I love it! If you are still on the fence about this lipstick... go try it on! You are going to be so pleasantly surprised. Another bonus every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,