L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara Review


I had sort of an obsession with the ad for this new mascara when it came out in Europe months ago. I have a major girl crush on Barbara Palvin and the ad is just adorable.


Miss Manga is the newest addition to the extensive range of mascara L'Oreal has to offer.
"Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara creates bold volume with L’Oreal Paris’ first 360° flexible cone shaped brush that amplifies upper lashes and reveals lower lashes."
"Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara creates mega volume on top and bottom lashes with ultimate hold. Our exclusive formula, made up of enlarging collagen spheres works perfectly in conjunction with the 360° flexible cone shaped brush to amplify upper lashes and reveal lower lashes. The exclusive formula also contains a trilogy of polymers for absolute hold and staying power."





The "360°" wand is bizarre. It has a flexible point halfway through which makes the wand extremely flexible, a quality I never look for in my mascaras. The brush itself is equally scary looking. The bristles are very uneven, scattered and grouped in a somewhat bizarre fashion. It kinda scared me to be honest with you.
Once I started applying it things started looking up. The brush surprised me, it manages to separate and coat lashes really well and within two coats it build crazy false-lash-like volume. The formula is wet and creamy and it build very nicely upon itself. I recommend stopping at coat number two. The brush isn't the best at separating out lashes, especially due to that annoying flexible wand, and it can easily at more volume and clump up if you aren't careful. The formula leaves the lashes soft and supple, and can easily be build up during the day (if you're planning to go out after work, for example). I got the darkest color in the bunch, Blackest Black and it's very pigmented, rich and black.. just the way I like my mascaras.





Overall I really like this mascara. Minus that wobbly wand which does nothing but annoy me. It stops me from really getting to the base of the lashes and combing them out nicely to even out clumps and build up. Aside from that, if you like va-va-voom lashes, this bad boy is for you. Really, the mascara could be a close dupe for Lancome's Hypnose Drama.


PS: I saw online the mascara comes in a turquoise, which gave me goosebumps. Did anyone see it for sale in Canada?

Labels: , , , , , ,