COVERGIRL Ready, Set Goregous Foundation and Concealer Review

Ready, Set Gorgeous is the newest face makeup collection from Covergirl and the first one to have the insanely gorgeous Katy Perry as the official spokesperson. I have a huge girl crush on her, she looks flawless in the ads.



I had received the foundation and concealer as part of the Beauty United program and I wanted to mention this in advance and also remind you that regardless of where the products come from, everything I say on this blog is my honest opinion and experience with the products I test.


The packaging is spot on: sleek, clean, hygienic. The foundation comes in a compact squeeze tube while the concealer is a traditional doe foot applicator tube. The foundation is available in a limited number of shades, all light unfortunately. Lucky me, shade 115 fits me like a glove. For reference I am a MAC NC20-25.


The formula of the foundation is fantastic. Creamy and light, with no detectable odor, it provides medium coverage and a soft, satin like finish. I was blown away by how well this foundation performed. It looks amazing on the skin and it has one of the most incredible finishes I have ever experienced in a drugstore foundation. As long as you apply it in thin layers and buff it out with a sponge you are guaranteed to get that airbrushed finish. What's even more impressive is the way this foundation wears, it seems to get better as the day goes on, as the skin's natural oils seep through, instead of shine this foundation manages to get a glow of sorts, making it appear that much more natural and looking that much more incredible. 
 

 My little sister literately ran to me the other day to praise this foundation and that says a lot given the fact that she hates the look and feel of any makeup and could never be bothered to jump through hoops and buff and stipple on foundation, like I do. This brings me back to the amazing formula of the Ready, Set Gorgeous foundation. It's almost foolproof. I like to use a synthetic buffing brush (RT Buffing Brush) and go over with a damp sponge (RT Sponge) to set it.


The Ready, Set Gorgeous concealer offers medium coverage and has a light texture. I find it too drying and not opaque enough for the under-eye area but I do like it to hide age spots and discolorations as well as to highlight certain areas. It dries down to an almost powder texture which is just perfect for hiding spots and blemishes. 


I can only hope Ready, Set Gorgeous will get as many shades as the TruBlend family, because this is a formula every girl deserves. I won't praise it any longer but I will conclude with the fact that this has to be one of the best drugstore foundation on the market. It certainly is the best I have tried. The concealer is good, nothing spectacular but then again... I am too gaga about the foundation to care about anything else.

 PS. Last week I was lucky enough to get invited to see Katy Perry in concert here, in Montreal. You guys... she's phenomenal! I can honestly say this was one of the greatest shows I've ever attended. Katy has such an amazing energy and a great entertainer. If you get a chance... go see her. She's on her Prismatic World Tour right now and she is simply amazing. 

*Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,