Good news! Essence is extending their range of Longlasting Lipstick this year and I have a sneak peak for you guys. I've had the lipsticks in my possession for a few months now and had enough time to put them to the test.
The packaging is a sleek bullet, black with a matte finish. Almost all lispticks have a satin finish, some leaning more on the matte side. Generally speaking, the formula is a dream. All shades have great pigmentation, they are creamy and soft and slide on the lips with no skipping; the formula feels soft and hydrating and I never found it to be drying or uncomfortable, even for the matte shades. The wear is incredible. Despite it's lightweight feel and look they last so long and wear so nicely on the lips, it will slowly fade throught the day and can easily be removed without having the lips stained. It's quite incredible.
The range of colors is just as incredible. From vibrant pinks, to deep reds and great nudes... you're covered.
01. Coral Calling is a creamy coral with medium opacity; it's a soft peachy pink with a lovely brightness to it.
03. Dare to Wear is a neutral red with slight cool tones. It's very opaque and has a rich pigment
06. Barely There is a soft, creamy MBB; pigmentation is a tad more sheer than the other colors but it build in intesnity as you layer it on. It has a hint of taupe and I can't help picturing Kylie Jenner wearing this shade.
08. Color Crush is a bright pink, a very Candy YumYum-esque pink with great opacity in a single swipe
09. Wear Berries! is a sheer berry mauve
13. Love Me is a sheer coral with pink undertones
14. Adorable Matt
is pure perfection. A cool toned red with great pigmentation, a satin finish, creamy, smooth texture and incredible wear
15. Oh so Matt!
is a soft nude that I can't stop wearing. It's a bit on the sheer side, which works to it's advantage letting the lip color show through and looking surprisingly natural. It builds up to look more opaque quite fast and the formula is so comfortable despite it being a matte finish
16. I am Yours
is a berry pink with good pigmentation.
All lipsticks are swatched in the same order as above
Overall, these lipsticks give YSL a run for their money. It's hard to believe how inexpensive these lippies are when they perform so well. The shades are all lovely, some easily achieving HG status for me. I loved the nude shades and it's the first time I can honestly say I found the perfect nudes, the formula, the colors and the pigmentation are a home run. I also love the bolder colors, both reds are incredible and wear amazingly.
*Products provided for consideration. This does not influence my opinions or reviews
Labels: drugstore, EN, essence, lipsticks, long wear, review