Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Review

Maybelline has a new mascara out and given the buzz it created on social media I had to try it for myself.
Lash Sensational claims to have a "volume fanning brush with 10 layers of bristles" that can give you a "full fan look". The curved brush does indeed have bristles off all sizes, shorter inside the curve, longer and more dispersed on the other side as well as a little wing similar to L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly mascara, but smaller. The formula described as "liquid ink" is indeed different. It's very creamy, almost gel like, very dark and pigmented.











I love the brush, you can use the different sides and bristles to build and sculpt your lashes; it manages to hold enough product and distributes it evenly. The shorter bristles inside the curved part work great at getting in there and lifting the roots, the little wing does a great job at catching those lashes on the edge of my eye and the round side of the curve  with spaced out bristles help me build length and comb through the lashes, fanning them out and sort of placing them in whatever way I want. The formula is very pigmented and it builds nicely, I had no issues with clumping and given that it's so creamy you have time to play around with it.
The overall effect is crazy length, the combination of the brush and formula builds upon itself to not only make my lashes look fuller but longer. The brush does a great job at combing through the lashes and lifting them while the formula being so light it adheres to the lashes without weighing them down. When I remove it I notice the product comes off in little flakes, fiber like flakes; it's almost like the product plates my lashes and I wonder if it literally builds around around each hair.  The mascara wears beautifully, I experienced no flaking during the day, no smudging and had no trouble removing it.








Overall, this is a great mascara. It will give length and definition with medium volume. If you like clean, long lashes I would suggest that you consider it. Also, bonus points to Maybelline for ditching the fragrance in this mascara! It was about time.

Labels: , , , ,