essence blush up! Ombre Blushes in Heat Wave and Pinky Flow Review and Swatches


Last month when I had a layover in Germany I nearly missed my flight because I had to run out to a drugstore and get myself some German make-up. essence is a brand I love and I couldn't help picking a few things... especially the blush up! ombre blushes. 


The two shades available and Heat Wave and Pinky Flow. 
Heat Wave's colors are a bright coral and a cool toned pink. The coral swatched on its own is quite lovely and pigmeneted and has a certain luminosity to it, the pink shade goes on a tad sheerer. Both colors mixed together swatch as a bright coral with subtle pink undertones. The formula is nice and smooth but can kick up quite a bit of product when picked up with a brush. It is very blendable, sits well on the skin and has great wear. This blush is awesome for summer, with its pretty warm tones and luminosity.






Pinky Flow's color are a dark and light pink, both cool toned. The shade on the right is a bright pink that goes on light while the shade on the left is a plumy pink with medium pigmentation. Both shades some together beautifully, the light shade adding luminosity while the dark one adds intensity and depth .I found the formula on this one to be less powdery, it applies and blends like a dream. I would use this blush a topper given it's pigmentation and unique color to give the cheeks that flushed look.








Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,