#ManiMonday: Essie Gel Setter Topcoat and L'Oreal L'Orange


When I saw the newest top coat from Essie I couldn't wait to get home and try it. Gel Setter promises gel like shine day after day and that's pretty much all I want for in a top coat so I decided to test it up against my current favorite, Essie's Good To Go .
The Gel Setter formula is slightly thicker, but not gloopy. The drying time is reasonably fast and the overall finish has that gel-like look and glossiness to it; it is also slightly thicker than a regular topcoat which gives the nail that gel like look. I find that my nails seem stronger when I wear this and there is much less tip-wear and fading of the shine with this topcoat.


On my nails today I have L'Oreal L'Orange, a jelly like orange that takes about three coats to build up to full opacity. The color is a lovely orange, not too crazy nor too neon, it's a perfect orange that I just can't get enough of this summer.

I took the pictures about 5 days into wearing the polish so you can see how well the Gel Setter topcoat performs. Virtually no tip wear and plenty of shine.






Labels: , , , , , , , , ,