essence It Wasn't Me! Lipstick Review and Swatches


The other day I picked up this lipstick from a new essence display that's out now: Good Girl, Bad Girl. It Wasn't Me! (the lipstick) jumped out at me with its unique, unusual color for essence: bold, dark and vampy.


I was hoping the lipstick to have the Longlasting Lipstick formula but I was disappointed to discover that it didn't. It Wasn't Me! had a a much balmier feel to it which hindered application and pigment delivery. The lipstick applied unevenly and got to feel quite heavy on my lips as I was trying to even out the color. Such a bummer! I would think of this lipstick more as a very pigmented lip balm, it does feel very moisturizing and I am sure I can find use for it in conjunction with my other gazillion vampy shades. On it's own it's not my cup of tea and I sort of expected essence to be a lot bolder and play it less safe with a lip color especially when it comes to trend editions.





Labels: , , , , , , , ,