Wellness Wednesday: Cheesy Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Cauliflower Soup


The struggle is real these days. I just got braces put in the other day and the adjustment is challenging to say the least. One of the hardest part of having braces is the pain and the inability to eat. I've been told it won't be like this forever and eventually I should be able to resume eating solid foods but for now I find myself with chapped lips, sores and hangry.
Luckily is winter and I have my trusty Blentec to fall back on and whip up some great nutritious soups and smoothies. I like to train and eating healthy is important to me, I believe beauty comes from the inside and I want to make sure I get all my nutrients in these challenging times. Here are two soups that are easy to make, packed with nutrients and delicious.

Ingredients:
5 medium sweet potatoes
2 onions
5 cloves of garlic
1 cup quinoa
1 pack frozen cauliflower
1 tsp ginger
nutritional yeast
coconut cream
greens
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Chop onions and garlic and cook in oil until translucent. Add chopped sweet potatoes, quinoa, water, spices and cook until sweet potatoes are soft. Transfer soup into blender, add coconut cream, greens and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth. I ended up dividing the soup in two and only adding greens to half, this way I had two different flavour profiles to choose from for the next two days, just in case I got bored.
Pour into bowls and add hemp seeds. Enjoy.










The coconut cream is packed with healthy fats, quinoa is packed with protein, the sweet potatoes bring fiber and nutrients and the greens(I use baby kale and spinach) are packed with chlorophyll and pretty much every nutrient you need for glowing skin. The ginger and black pepper and anti-inflammatory and the nutritional yeast not only adds a yummy cheesiness to the coup but brings you much needed B vitamins. The hemp seeds add protein and healthy fats which are wonderful for dry skin.

I am excited to share more healthy recipes with you, recipes that will make you feel good and look even better.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,