Lise Watier Portfolio Sculpting Trio Review and Swatches. Chic & Rustique Collection

When I attended the Lise Watier fall launch earlier this summer I knew the Portfolio Sculpting Trio and I would be BFFs the minute I laid my eyes on it. Despite the fact that I've kept my make-up minimal this summer due to crazy, long work days and hot weather I actually forced myself to wear a full face of make-up several times just so I can play with this bad boy.








I absolutely love the packaging on this trio, the shadows are stacked making this so compact and travel friendly. The three shades featured are great, the top shade is a light, yellow toned powder great for setting concealer, baking or just illuminating, the middle a cool toned taupe shade perfect for shading and contouring while the last shade is a warm shade which can be used as a blush, contour or bronzer. All shades are matte, smooth and pigmented and blend incredibly well. I love the shades LW selected, they are versatile, unique and they just make sense. That middle shade is possibly the most amazing cool toned contour colour I have ever ran across. The trio can be used to chisel the face as well as the eyes, I've successfully used all shades as eyeshadows and I plan on his being my only face and eye palette I bring along with me on my next work trip in Toronto in a few weeks. All in all, this trio is a must have! The quality is there and everything about it from the packaging to the colour selection makes sense.
The powder can be applied dry as well as wet but I didn't really find the wet formula fun to work with nor did I find the shades flattering on the skin when used on the cheeks for my usual contouring.

DRY



WET







The collection also features the Double Contour & Blend Brush to help you chisel and contour your face to perfection. The dual sided brush features a full angled brush at one end and a small angled one at the other end. The larger brush is a little bit rounded and great for chiseling out those cheekbones. The bristles are soft enough that you can buff out and blend powders and the angled shape fits well into any crevices of the face that might need shading. The smaller brush at the other end is tightly packed and stiff and makes for a great nose contour or any other precision work. This brush is so smooth and blends so well, you never knew you needed it until you try it.





Labels: , , , , , ,