Hair mask series: Argan Oil

I love experimenting too much to be loyal to one thing, but I do have my preferences. When it comes to haircare, I love oils, particularly argan. In the winter, when my hair need extra TLC I tend to go for thicker "formulas" such as coconut oil, almond oil mixed with castor or even shea and cocoa butter for a really intense treatment. However, now that summer is here I find most of the above mentioned oil are way to heavy and this is when I remembered and rediscovered an old fave: argan oil. Yeah, yeah, yeah the same oil argan oil that made Moroccan Oil famous, the hidden beauty secret of Morocco...
Well the beauty of it is that it is a lot lighter than other oils, yet my hair seems to slurp it up. I squirt a few pumps of it into the palm of my hand and massage mostly into the ends of my hair, its hot out and I don't find my scalp need extra moisturizing, however due to frequent washing and sun exposure my ends can show signs of damage. That's where the oil comes in and work wonders. It washes relatively easy, one wash suffices in removing all oil excess and even without conditioner my hair is smooth and well, conditioned.
I love this oil so much I use it as it is, no special concoctions, no mixes, no heating up; I just rub some into my ends while I do house chores or before going to bed and wash it off in the morning. Best treatment you can ask for in the summer days. Easy breasy!
Argan oil can also be used for many many other cosmetics purposes, icluding face care, skin care, using it as a base oil. Make sure you get the natural, raw version as there are "toasted" ones out there, meant for culinary purposes. It does have a slight nutty smell, but it is not overwhelming, you won't even notice it once its in your hair. It has slight golden colour and feels light. Visit your local health store for authentic argan oil and start enjoying the benefits.


Labels: , , , ,