Lavender eye

I saw a eye make-up look in Elle not long ago and it struck me. Ever since then I have wanted to recreate this look and see if I can pull it off.  Some girls get that with clothes or shoes, some people get that with houses, some with another person... I get that with make-up.
Anyhow here's the look, from Elle Canada:
and here's what I came up with; the big difference would be the eyebrows, I tend to have stronger, thinner and darker eyebrows.




What I've used:
Eyes:
Mac Painterly paint pot (as base)
Mac Beautiful Iris (all over the lid)
Mac Cobalt (the bluish lilac blended in the outside corners)
NYX, a matte pink I got in a 3 es palette
Loreal Voluminous Mascara (clumped on purpose )
Face:
Lise Watier Portfolio Concealer
Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer in Halo
Mac Petticoat as blush
Lips:
Clarins Lip Perfector
Nails:
Nicole Virtuous Violet

I love the nail polish, a sparkle with a matte smooth finish, a very unique polish but as pretty as it is, it performs so poorly. I mean, this thing chips within hours of putting it on. I tried everything, applying a top coat, with the risk of taking away from the matte finish, avoid washing dishes, hell, I even took extra care when showering or washing my face... To my horror is still chipped. Within 24 hours half the nail polish is gone! Huge disappointment, but still a very very pretty colour.

Labels: , , , ,