Natural health supplement play a huge role in my life and I use them... a lot!
Obviously I cannot take everything at once and sometimes I simply just go through phases, depending on my needs, season, diet...etc.
So, now with winter around the corner this is what I am relying on to keep me healthy and in shape:
- OMEGAs or EFAs! This is usually a staple for me, but as I have already turned up the heat in my house and boy do I feel it, I make sure I never my miss my healthy dose of essential fatty acids to keep my skin hydrated, to help with my mood (which is inversely proportional to the amount of sun we get), with my concentration and memory, digestion and circulation. In the winter months i like to play around and switch it up to Cod Liver Oil which delivers less Omega 3s per capsule as a regular fish oil would but has vit D and A, which can help boost up immunity and keep my spirits up. For those of you who absolutely hate swallowing capsules or taking the oils itself check out Barleans' Omega Swirl. This stuff is insanely delicious, has a great absorbency that most fish oils.
- Vitamin C. It supports your immune system and encourages production of collagen, so hello plump skin!
- Green supplements. Of any kind and sorts! I like to alternate the kind and the brand. There are so many options available on the market, different blends of plants and fibers, that it is impossible for me to stick with just one. A few of my favourites are: Barleans Greens, (yummy taste, easy to blend and love the fiber content);Green Magma (a more simplistic product, one ingredient making it easy for a beginner, see my full review here) and the classic greens+. Green supplements do so so many things, the can bust up your immune system, detoxify your body, help you digest better, help your transit, balance out your pH level,boost energy and mental clarity, are a great antioxidant source... and help you look beautiful, as they are full of essential nutrients that feed and keep your skin clear and healthy. Awesome!
- Vitamin D. Essential for immune system and mood support. I take it religiously during the winter months.
- Protein Powders. I am a vegetarian that is most of the time on the run, so I can easily lack protein in my diet. To make sure I get enough I tend to have almost everyday one protein shake, which is a fast, east and convenient way of making sure I get as much protein possible. I alternate between whey and plant based protein powders or meal replacements, one of my favourites being Vega products.
More to come soon, but these are the basics.