Winter Hand Treatment

I don't know about you guys, but winter destroys my hands. No matter how much I try to protect them, how much hand cream I apply, the cold weather takes its toll, and turn my skin into something resembling chicken feet.
I discovered this little hand scrub-treatment a few years ago and winter after winter I sear by it. Here it goes: take 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon sea salt ( or table salt). Mix it into a paste. Take the scrub and massage it well into your hands. Don''t forget nails and cuticles. After about 5 minutes of soft massage and using all the scrub, rinse it off in COLD water. Pat dry with paper towels. Enjoy your soft hands. The oil film left on your skin will further moisturize, but I like to layer on more Weleda Skinfood and put on some gloves before hitting the sheets.

Labels: , , , , ,