All Natural Home Made Peel

Here's a recipe I use to brighten up and exfoliate my skin. I love making my own cosmetics, whether  I improvise, get inspired from other fellow bloggers or sometimes, just imitate my favourite commercial beauty products... it's fun,all natural, easy, cheap and most of the times, very effective.

So here's a peel I love doing when my skin needs a little pick me up.
So, I put a couple of pieces of pineapple, papaya, a splash of lemon juice and a scoop of real yogurt. Sometimes, I might throw in a pinch of ascorbic acid, aka vitamin C, for an extra boost. I just use my chessy old Magic Bullet (God, this thing is handy).The bromelain and papain in the pineapple and papaya have been used for years, in exfoliating products. They great fruit acids do wonders in gently breaking apart the glue that hold dead skin cells together, giving us that much wanted glow. Same goes for the vitamin C, a great exfoliator and antioxidant and lemon juice, rich in the aboe mentioned ingredient and famous for its lightening properties. Lastly we have the lactic acid in the yogurt, another aluable ingredient you will see in many cosmetic products targeting dull, blotchy skin. Lemon and yogurt are amazing at lightening and evening out skin tone. Who knew your fridge held all these super cosmetic ingredients?
Not this is a pretty "acidic" product, so I would start with a few ingredients and do a patch test to see how your skin reacts to it. I have a lot of experience (good and bad) of mixing up my own masks, and I know what works for me. My skin can tolerate a lot. Always listen to your skin, and adjust ingredients. Also, if the mask is stingin and feels uncomfortable... wash off. Lastly, don't leave the mask on for too long. Start with a shorter period of time and work your way up.
Why and when I do this? Whenever my skin feels ugh, dull, looks blotchy and/or I have post acne marks and discoloration.
Why I love this mask? Well, its fresh. I can adjust the intensity and ingredient content. It`s inexpensive.It`s easy. It`s effective.





Remember to wear SPF during the day when doing any sort of peel or exfoliation. The skin is very sensitive and vulnerable at this point.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,