Phyto Phytokeratine Shampoo and Serum Review

Phyto's newest addition to the line, the Phytokeratine targets "weakened, damaged hair" , much like mine, and after reading the ingredients and claims, I decided to give it a try and see how it performs.

Phytokeratine Shampoo


This shampoo has tons of good stuff in it, to reconstruct and restore softness to your hair. It has keratin (reconstructs), hylauronic acid (great humectant), ceramides (to resurface) and it's sulfate free. The shampoo is creamy and lathers up quite nicely. I like to leave it on (like most Phyto shampoos) for about a minute or two to let it work it's magic (since it doesn't have all those harsh detergents that immediately strip your hair of everything). It washes hair beautifully and leaves even my crazy tangly hair smooooooth and supple. I mean, my hair feels so clean yet hydrated. I can run my fingers through it with ease, something I wasn't able to do before. The best part is that somehow it adds body to the hair, lather than leaving it limp and frail. I freaking love this stuff.

I usually follow with a conditioner, and masque for extra moisture, wait 5 minutes, rinse and towel dry.


Phytokeratine Serum
Let me start by praising Phyto for having a silicone-free serum. Then let me praise them again for how amazing this serum is. I apply it to damp hair, and comb it through, and only after that i proceed to blow-dry it, air dry it and style it.
I found less is more with this products and I like to work it in the really damaged part of my hair (ends and such). I de-tangles the hair and smooths it out immediately. I am not sure if it,s heat activated but it makes a HUGE difference in the results after I blow-dry my hair, leaving it supple, moist and soft rather than frizzy and parched and ... weird. I cannot even compare it to other serums, as this one I feel it really penetrates and helps me work with my hair, rather than "tame it" and weigh it down with nasty cones.
This product, much like the shampoo, is infused with that awesome botanical keratin, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, silk peptides, and Brazilian palm oil.


Overall, I love both products. They are amazing. Plain and simple.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,