Festive Holiday Chocolate Bark


Christmas is a week away and I have never been less ready for it. This year was dominated by work for me and the holidays are no exception but like any smart lady I have a few aces up my sleeve and I wanted to share one with you today. My chocolate bark is not only healthy, but fun and delicious and makes for a fabulous dessert and a great last minute gift. I am a bit of a health freak so I'm always looking to come up with a delicious treat with a healthy spin. This bark features tons of healthy fats, antioxidants and superfoods and is sure to please the biggest chocolate snob.




















The recipe is easy and fun to do, melting a good quality dark chocolate over a double boiler, folding in a good quality coconut oil and organic cocoa powder if you want to keep the bark dark and antioxidant rich and add a splash of organic vanilla.
The fun part is pouring the melted chocolate in a pan lined with baking sheet and decorating it with toppings. My favorite mixes are: pistachios, goji berries and Himalayan salt; hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts and splash of rum essence; cocoa nibs, nuts and coconut... have fun with it!  Place tray in freezer or if you have a small fridge like mine, in the snow, and let the chocolate harden for about 10 minutes. Once the chocolate is set, cut it and wrap it up nicely and store it in a cool place. I like to keep mine in the freezer and over the holidays take it out as a treat, dessert or just give it away to loved ones and it never fails to impress.




















Labels: , , , , ,