Homemade Body Scrub

Here is an old favourite of mine, a sugar and lemon body scrub recipe.

It's cheap, it's easy to do, you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard already and most importantly... it's amazing.
You will need: brown sugar (works much much better than regular white sugar), lemons, essential oils and a carrier oil of your choice. The last two ingredients are optional. I chose lavender essential oil, because I love the smell, it's so soothing and relaxing and used apricot oil to smooth out my skin and add a little bit of moisture to the scrub.
The instructions are easy; dump sugar in a jar, add the juice from the lemons, add the essential oil and base oil; mix well; jump in the shower; scrub! Enjoy baby smooth skin.
The sugar particles are going to physically exfoliate, while the glycolic acid and citric acid from the lemons are going to do a bit of a chemical peel; melting and scrubbing away all those dead skin cells. The lavender oil is actually very soothing for the skin while the apricot oil moisturises the skin.
I like to use this scrub all over my body, but I particularly enjoy using it on my legs, it helps prevent dry patches, ingrown hairs and due to the scrubbing action of the sugar, stimulates circulation and targets cellulite.










Labels: , , , , , , , ,